11 Odd Yet Fascinating Designs
In a world that’s competitive and constantly seeking improvement and upgrades, it is crucial to think out of the box and do something special if you want to stand out from the crowd. Here are some interiors that prove being different and slightly odd can be good if you know the right ways to do it.
1. Adorable dolls and figurines catch one’s attention when they look at this interior. There also seems to be a consistent theme of red streaks that line the ceilings and walls.
Interior Designer: Unity Interior Design
2. The cluster of lights at the dining table and hooks all over the ceiling may be a little overwhelming for some, but it somehow strengthens the industrial ambience that would otherwise be lacking.
Interior Designer: Free Space Intent
Location: Serangoon Avenue
3. This home boasts a buffet of colours, with each room dressed in a different shade. From the lush green in the living room to the leopard prints covering the bedroom walls, there is much to take in.
Interior Designer: i-Chapter
Location: Blk 635 Choa Chu Kang
4. Generally, full-sized mirror panels are only placed at the dining area when it is separate from the living room. But it has somehow managed to work here, making the dining area look like that of a cosy restaurant.
Interior Designer: Living Gaia
Location: 34 Blossom Residence
5. While the lighting of this interior might seem a little too dark for some, the ambience is actually pretty cool. It feels like you’ve stepped into a bar or singing room and it’s time to relax and have some fun with family and friends.
Interior Designer: Edge Interior
Location: 221 Serangoon Ave 4
6. According to most people, having a huge black dragon might not be the best form of decoration for the bedroom. The designer was gutsy enough to execute it in this home, however, and its effects are rather charming. It definitely helps that the black theme is constant throughout the home, right down to the toilet seat.
Interior Designer: Lux Design
Location: La Casa Woodlands
7. A lot of people would not think of having this much greenery and plants crawling across their walls at home or jutting out from a huge pot in the living room. This space wears the look well because everything blends in with the earthy colour palette.
Interior Designer: The Interior Lab
Location: 415 Fernvale Link
8. There is something appealing about the eccentric wallpaper that doesn’t have an overall theme. Along with contrasting colours in the kitchen, all the elements come together nicely like pieces of a colourful jigsaw, which is pretty interesting.
Interior Designer: JSR Design & Renovation
Location: 203D Compassvale
9. The next time you run out of ideas for your bedroom, try something like this huge penguin as an adorable substitute for a bed. Also, the bold blue tones of the bedsheets, living room sofa, and wall stand out strongly against the natural colour theme of this space, giving it additional vibrance.
Interior Designer: Crescendo Interior
10. This interior can easily be certified as having a rainbow theme because each room shows off a different colour.
Interior Designer: Ace Space Design
Location: Fernvale Link
11. Let’s all take a moment to appreciate how the fish tank was so cleverly incorporated into the design. The bright red kitchen with metallic surfaces also set up a retro and funky feel.
Interior Designer: Inside Living
Location: 211A Compassvale Lane