12 Storage Ideas that Don’t Look Like Storage
- May 25, 2020
From secret compartments to solutions that double as décor, up your storage game with these clever storage ideas.
1. Glass DisplayPart of the bedroom wall was hacked away and replaced with clear glass cabinets, all the better to showcase the owner’s massive collection of toy figurines. Seen also from the living room, this storage idea turns into the focal point of this home. Design: D5 Studio Image
2. Headboard FeatureIs it storage or is it a feature wall? Combining open shelves and closed cupboards, this custom headboard holds plenty whilst giving this bedroom a feature wall with its grid line design. Design: Lekker Design
3. Pull-Out Shoe StorageInstead of going for a separate shoe storage, the TV wall in this living room conceals a pull-out compartment to keep shoes. Not only does this provide a neater design, it also led to ample storage space. [gallery columns="2" link="none" size="full" ids="115895,115894"] Design: ROOOT Studio
4. Bedroom ShelvingThe compartments behind the bed hold a number of bedroom essentials, while doubling as nightstands to free up excess furniture in the small bedroom. Design: Authors ID
5. Divider DisplayThis glass display cabinet is not only a beautiful storage piece, it also acts as a divider and privacy screen between the living room and the home office. Thanks to the clear glass, daylight can still pass through the different spaces. Design: Schemacraft Interiors
6. Shallow Shoe CabinetBecause there wasn’t enough room for a deeper shoe cabinet, the designer changed up the inner compartments to accommodate the homeowner's footwear, inadvertently creating a design feature with the sloped shelves. Design: Fineline Design
7. Wardrobe FeatureClad in marble laminates with large knobs swathed in a contrasting black marble print, this full-height wardrobe is a luxury feature wall in its own right. But it also stores clothes and part of it even works as a headboard. Design: Wolf Woof
8. Bay Window DressingSurrounding the cosy bay window alcove are cubby holes that accommodate everything from books to display knickknacks. Practical, yet also dressing up the window. Design: Upstairs_
9. Staircase StorageHidden compartments under the stairs function as storage, while also acting as a backdrop for this dining zone. The drawers are clad in woodgrain laminates, creating a seamless design with the wood flooring in the space. Design: Erstudio
10. Grille OrganisationA metal grille serves as a convenient holdall for kitchen utensils and wares, allowing the home cook to see where everything is at once. It also helps to dress up the empty kitchen wall, which is decked out in white subway tiles for functionality. Design: Linear Space Concepts
11. Bookshelves with Hidden StairsBookshelves with staircases aren’t just the requisite of ancient libraries. You can recreate the same feeling of majesty with one in your home. If you are short on space, consider concealing the stairway like what was done in this design. The stairs can be rolled back in to flush with the bookshelves when you're done with picking out the book from the upper shelves. Design: Piu Design
12. Counter ConcealmentThe topmost drawer in this kitchen transforms into additional prep space when pulled out. A nifty space-saving trick for small kitchens with little countertop room. Design: Cozyspace
Meet Interior Designers. Get Quotes.
Get in touch with our listed renovation companies. They will provide you with a free non-obligatory estimate for any of the Renovation Packages included in their services.