Purchasing an HDB Resale Flat II: CPF Housing Grant Schemes
You should note that using your CPF money to purchase an HDB resale flat is subject to the CPF board’s policies. This only serves as a guide. Under this housing grant scheme, the government provides eligible buyers of resale flats with a housing subsidy.
The CPF housing grants available are the following:
- Family Grant – for married couples who are first time applicants for purchasing HDB resale flats
- High Tier Family Grant – for married couples who a are first time applicants for purchasing HDB resale flats and who are buying a resale HDB flat near their parents’ HDB flat, married child’s HDB flat or the or the owner occupied private residential property
- Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) – The applicants of the $30,000 Family Grant or the $40,000 Higher-tier Family Grant, must have worked for at least one year and have an average monthly household income of not more than $5,000 over the last one year.
- Singles Grant – This is for single citizens aged 35 years old and above who buy the resale HDB flat to live on their own under Single Singapore Citizen (SSC) Scheme, or 2 or 4 cluster of Single Citizens aged 35 years old and above who together buy a resale HDB flat under the Joint Singles Scheme (JSS).
- High Tier Singles Grant – This grant is for single citizens who are 35 years old and above who are buying a resale flat to live with their parents.
- Top up Grant to the Family Grant – This grant is for singles who will eventually get married. This is also applicable for singles under the Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme whose non-citizen spouse or child subsequently obtained Singapore Citizenship or permanent residence status.
- Half Housing Grant – This scheme is for first time citizen with spouse who had previously enjoyed a housing subsidy through any means.