May 2019 BTO: Champions Green at Woodlands Unit Analysis
Champions Green at Woodlands was one of the four BTO developments launched during the May 2019 BTO sales exercise. This article will look at the best units to choose if you managed to receive a queue number.
|No. of blocks||6|
|No. of units||722|
|Flat types||2-, 3-, 4-, 5-room|
|Estimated completion||3Q2023 to 4Q2023|
|Pricing||$86,000 to $128,000 for 2-room|
|$165,000 to $194,000 for 3-room|
|$244,000 to $295,000 for 4-room|
|$336,000 to $383,00 for 5-room|
Adjacent to the Singapore Sports School, Champions Green is bounded between Champions Way and Woodlands Drive 13. It’s some distance away from Woodlands Regional Centre—walking will take you half an hour—but its location is just less than a 10-min walk from the upcoming Woodlands South MRT on the Thomson-East Coast line, which is expected to be completed this year.
Woodlands South MRT is just one station away from Woodlands MRT, which is currently on the North-South line. The latter will also be a connecting point to the future Thomson-East Coast line. This new MRT line is estimated to be completed in 2024, just about when the BTO is ready.
Champions Green is located amidst a cluster of schools and other BTOs. There is a site undergoing construction directly opposite from Champions Green (and next to Innova Primary School), which is termed ‘Dillenia’ in some of the maps we’ve seen. It is likely an HDB site, although there are no further details and information we can find. It might also be an upcoming EC.
We found the area to be relatively quiet during our site visit on a weekday afternoon, but it is the school holidays, so you should probably drop by during the school semester for a more accurate assessment.
Site for Champions Green, during our site visit in June 2019.
The traffic was very light on both Champions Way and Woodlands Drive 17 during the peak hours we were there, although this could be due to the fact that the area is still undergoing several construction works. Traffic noise will likely pick up in the school semester and when the developments are up.
Traffic situation along Woodlands Drive 17 (left) and Champions Way (right).
While the site is relatively close to the SLE, we couldn’t hear any major traffic noise during the site visit. However, Champions Green is also located very close to the Sembawang Air Base, which explains why the blocks at this BTO aren’t very tall. While we didn’t hear any air traffic during our time there, future residents might have to put up with the occasional aviation noise.
There will be amenities such as shops and an eating house within the site itself, but the nearest neighbourhood centre is at Vista Point (10-min walk), which features a supermarket, a food court and other retail shops. There is also a supermarket within Champions Court, a BTO just next to Champions Green.
The upcoming Woodlands Integrated Healthcare Campus is also located nearby, and is expected to be completed in 2022. It will feature a total of 1,800 beds and will have both acute and community hospitals within the site.
Factors to consider when choosing a unit at Champions Green
1. For peace and quiet: away from the school, traffic, and human activity zones (shops, playgrounds, fitness corners, pavilion, carpark)
If you like your peace and quiet, stay away from units that face the schools surrounding the site, the roads, and from communal areas where human activity is high.
567A: 111, 113
567B: 129, 131, 133, 137, 139, 141, 143
567C: 155, 157, 173, 175, 177, 179, 181
568A: 251, 253, 255, 257, 259, 261
568B: 215, 229, 231
568C: 183, 185, 187, 189
2. For cooler units: away from the western (afternoon) sun
In Singapore, the western sun comes from the north-west directions in the months from March to September and in the south-west directions from September to March. Avoid units that have the bedrooms and living room facing these directions as these are the areas you tend to spend the most time in.
567A: 101, 103, 105, 107, 109, 111, 113
567B: 131,133, 135
567C: 155, 163, 165, 167, 169, 171
568A: 251, 253, 255, 257, 233, 235, 237
568B: 217, 219, 221, 223, 225, 227, 229
568C: 191, 193, 195, 197, 199, 201
3. For more privacy: corner units, away from lifts and rubbish chutes
Don’t want prying eyes looking into your home? These stacks have all the privacy you need.
567A: 101, 113, 115
567B: 129, 135, 143, 145
567C: 155, 157, 159, 171, 173
568A: 233, 249, 251, 261
568B: 203, 231, 213, 215
568C: 183, 189, 191, 201
- If you tend to air dry your laundry, you might want to pick a unit that has the service yard facing the western sun.
- There are several bus stops surrounding Champions Green on all sides. However, if you wish to be located closer to the Woodlands South MRT station (less walking), you might want to get a unit at these blocks: 567A, 568A, 568B.
- While the blocks at Champions Green aren’t very tall—the highest storey is 10—you can still get a relatively unblocked view if you have a higher floor unit that is facing the schools surrounding the site. School buildings tend to be shorter so pick those units if you prefer a relatively unblocked view.
- For units that face the stadium at Singapore’s Sports School, you might have to contend with the stadium’s bright lights even at night. So do be aware of that.
All site maps are courtesy of HDB.