Know Your Style Part 2: French Countryside
- Nov 14, 2013
- 33 views
In the last article, we talked about the contemporary theme. Now let's look at the style that's known for its lovely distressed furniture and vintage accessories: French Countryside.
GOOD OLD MEMORIESThe French countryside theme is one that evokes images of lavenders dancing serenely in rolling fields under the gentle sun. As such, it's a rustic yet elegant theme where the home feels truly lived-in due to the focus on intricate details.
- the colour palette is reminiscent of the French countryside: greens, yellows, blues, golds, creams and lavenders
- the furniture generally look well-used because of the 'distressing' techniques used to achieve the old-time charm
- furnished with fabrics that come in a variety of patterns, the toile print being the most definitive one
- decorating involves a good mix of flea market finds, vintage accessories or antiques such as gilded candlesticks, birdcages, metal plaques and any rooster-inspired décor
- the windows are not bare, instead they're dressed with light drapes or Roman shades that come in prints or solid colours
- window dressings also come with fringe or lace as well
- wrought iron or rusted metal accents are a must have
- lots of flowers (be it fake or real) in pottery vases to add a touch of home sweet home
Great For People Who:
- loves the romance of the French countryside.
- can always unearth treasure in flea markets or second-hand shops.
- are homebodies and enjoy gardening
Meet Interior Designers. Get Quotes.
Get in touch with our listed renovation companies. They will provide you with a free non-obligatory estimate for any of the Renovation Packages included in their services.