Interior Design for Your Teenager’s Bedroom
Now that your child is no longer a baby, he or she will definitely want to change the Barney-inspired wallpaper that you put up, the posters of Thomas and Friends and even those Spongebob Squarepants curtains and sheets. Here are a few interior design ideas to help you in changing up your teenager’s bedroom.
Interior design for teenagers bedrooms are usually created around a central theme. It could be a colour motif or their preference such as comic book heroes or TV shoes.
Interior Design for Teenage Girls
Teenage girls usually prefer the princess vibe. I am not saying that all teenage girls want a princess interior design for their bedroom. Some might want Goth or Punk. It all depends on your daughter. To give you a head start, here are the common colour choices, depending on your teenage daughter’s personalities and style:
- Goth usually goes for black or navy. Or grey. But mostly black interior design.
- Prissy princess girls usually want pink, peach or lilac. This one is a no-brainer.
- Brainy girls usually go neutral or earthy shades such as beige, white or deep orange.
- Bold girls usually want red or yellow or other bold colours.
- To play it safe, go for sober colours and leave the colours to the furniture and furnishings.
Small bookcases, shelving, wardrobe, a vanity mirror, study table and a full length mirror are some of the essentials of a teenage girl’s bedroom.
Interior Design for Teenage Boys
Interior design for your teenage boy’s bedroom is not as difficult as doing up a teenage girl’s bedroom. Simply ask your teen what his hobbies are or what he would often like to see in his bedroom. It should be a design that you both agree on.
The colour palette for boys’ bedrooms are usually just black, white, blue or brown.