8 Really Interesting Alternatives to the Bedside Table
- Jun 4, 2019
These bedside table alternatives are a lot cooler than conventional ones. Perfect if you’re looking to save space in a limited square footage or just wanting to spruce things up in a boring bedroom.
1. Headboard Open ShelvesFree up some floor estate by incorporating open shelves into your headboard. It’s a great storage solution and the perfect pedestal for bedroom décor. Design: D5 Studio Image Design: Kuro +
2. Wardrobe NicheThese custom wardrobes come with niches located at just the right bedside height to double as your bedside table. The design allows you to maximise your wardrobe all the way to the bed without having to sacrifice space for your night-time essentials. Design: DB Studio Design: The Local Inn.terior
3. Single Recessed ShelfWe love how streamlined this alternative is. It’s just a single recessed shelf above your bedhead that has enough room to store your knick-knacks while also providing the perfect spot to hide those ugly switches. Design: Design Neu Design: The Local Inn.terior
4. Headboard Side CompartmentsBuilt to the sides of your headboard, these compartments are visually unobtrusive while also making it convenient to just roll over and reach out for your bedside table contents. Design: Lemonfridge Studio Design: Third Avenue Studio
5. Wall ShelvesWhether custom-made or store-bought, shelves can provide a great alternative for your bedside table. Have them mounted on the wall to free up floor space. Design: Icon Interior Design Design: Lekker Design
6. Makeup/Study TableIf you’re incorporating a dedicated vanity or a workstation in your sleeping quarters, consider doubling that as a bedside table so you won’t have so many furniture lying about in the bedroom. Design: Couple Abode
7. ChairFrom ottomans to bar stools, chairs are a great alternative to the conventional bedside table. Bonus: you can use them for seating too. Design: Voila Design: Zenith Arc
8. PlatformIf you’re going for a platform bed, there’s really no need to get an extra nightstand. The platform acts as a bedside table since your bed will be low on the ground. Design: The Scientist Will you be going the alternative route for your bedside table? Let us know in the comments!
Do you love what you've seen? Contact us for a non-obligated consultation now.
Meet Interior Designers. Get Quotes.
Get in touch with our listed renovation companies. They will provide you with a free non-obligatory estimate for any of the Renovation Packages included in their services.