How to Take Care of Your Air-conditioner – Part 2
Want to read more about how to take care of your air-conditioner? Here are 3 more problems that may be inflicting your air-conditioner and their respective solutions.
3. Problem: The air-conditioner turns on, but doesn’t work!
Reason: It may be due to a power trip.
Solution: Check the circuit breaker and try to find out what is the possible cause before resetting it. If the power trips again, then switch the air-conditioner off and call a specialist! It may also be due to a broken thermostat.
4. Problem: My room smells bad after I turn on the air-conditioner.
Reason: Moisture build-up
This is likely a case of moisture build-up due to the inadequate evaporation of stagnant water, which leads to the growth of all kinds of things like mildew and fungus on affected parts. Air-conditioners that have been running for hours may also encounter the problem of clogged drainage pipes. As a result, water accumulates in the condensation pan and starts to give off a foul smell after some time.
Solution: Check with the salesperson to make sure you’re getting the right size for your room.
5. Problem: I can hear strange noises coming from the air-conditioner.
Reason: This could be due to any of the following factors:
- The blower may be dirty.
- There may be loose components in your air-conditioner due to wear and tear or misalignment of certain parts. Sometimes the problem can be solved just by tightening a loose bolt, but it’s better to consult a specialist.
- There may be a refrigerant leak.
Solution: Time to call in the technician!
Last but not least…
The position of your air-conditioner is most important so avoid installing them directly over your bed, furniture and other appliances. This will not only make it easier for the technician to service your air-conditioner in future, it’ll also be more convenient to place a bucket to catch any leaking water in future. The best position? Have it installed over your door.