How to Read Your Floor Plans
- Feb 6, 2016
- 1912 views
Floor plans can be confusing sometimes. There are so many odd symbols, lines, and dimensions to study. What do they all mean? We're here to answer those questions. *Every single floor plan is unique, these are general features. For specific floor plan enquiries, call HDB.
1. Bolded lines: Structural walls- Cannot be hacked Interior Designer: Crescendo Interior
2. Normal lines: Walls- Can be hacked most of the time after obtaining approval from HDB Interior Designer: I-Bridge Design
3. Walls with line in middle- Unique to corner units - A special type of wall called gable-end wall is used - Helps prevent the heat (from sun) from entering the house Interior Designer: Ace Space Design
4. Doors (dotted)- HDB does not provide door *Note: Location of doors can be changed as long as they are located next to hackable walls. Doors can also be customised (solid, sliding, etc.). Interior Designer: 9 Creation
5. Doors (normal lines)- Doors are provided *Note: Location of doors can be changed as long as they are located next to hackable walls. Doors can also be customised (solid, sliding, etc.). Interior Designer: Diva's Interior Design
6. 100 DROP- Illustrates 100mm drop in height/level (difference in gradient) - For washing/cleaning purposes such that water can be drained effectively Interior Designer: Inside Living
7. Bathroom doors- Acrylic panel folding door or laminated semi-solid timber door for 3, 4 & 5-Room Interior Designer: Urban Habitat Design
8. W1Window height (Could be three quarter or full) *All dimensions are unique to different floor plans and units Interior Designer: Inspire ID Group
9. Windows- Swing / sliding depending on unit Interior Designer: Lux Design
Are you curious about the progress of a certain BTO? Anxious to find out what yours looks like right now? You can try to locate yours in this list.Disclaimer: Floor plans from HDB.
Meet Interior Designers. Get Quotes.
Get in touch with our listed renovation companies. They will provide you with a free non-obligatory estimate for any of the Renovation Packages included in their services.