Steps to Take: What to Expect in a Bed Bug Home Treatment
- Apr 10, 2018
Steps to take BEFORE a bed bug home treatment
- Cover all eating and drinking utensils nearby
- Remove all plants, move pets and fishes away from the area that is going to be treated
- Cover or remove all valuable antiques & jewelries away from treated area
- Important: Do not attempt to use a DIY bed bug spray first on anywhere of the infestation, this will only make the situation worse when the bed bugs spread out and hide in crevices farther away
Steps to take DURING a bed bug home treatment
- Evacuate the household, make sure no one stays behind while the residual spraying is on-going. Leave the house vacant at least 4 to 5 hours after treatment is done.
- Do not attempt to tag along your pest control technician around the house while they are carrying out the treatment. Professional pest control technicians wear protective gears and mask while spraying. You may risk breathing in harmful chemicals without a proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Steps to take AFTER a bed bug home treatment
- Upon returning back home, open up all windows for ventilation.
- Cleaning after a bed bug treatment: perform diligent housekeeping such as washing and bedsheets, curtains and clothes in a dryer on high setting. Stuffed toys may also be placed in a hot dryer for 30 minutes.
- Wipe down all floors, table tops and places where surfaces may have been sprayed on.
How to get rid of bed bugs for good?Many of us would have this common question- Can we get rid of bed bugs completely? And most importantly, after a bed bug treatment at home, would I be completely safe from bed bugs in the future? The answer is a no and yes. No because we all know that bed bugs are cross-infestation pests. They could be easily brought into homes from outside when you visit places and travel often. Places such as hotels, airplanes, cinema theatres and sofa lounges are all capable of hiding these tiny and flat bed bugs. Well known for being ‘hitchhikers’, these bed bugs then latch onto your clothing or travel luggage to bring home. They are particularly fond of fabrics and upholsteries. Read about How Do You Get Bed Bugs- The Unexpected Risks Yes because in modern days pest control, we are able to understand pest behavior much better, so as to forestall any chances under different circumstances to prevent an infestation from happening. Firstly, we learn to identify signs of bed bugs early. This is critical when we know the signs of bed bugs- we can get professional help early to contain the infestation and do not let it go out of control. Secondly, when we know how bed bugs happen, where bed bugs come from and how they behave typically, these make it more comforting for us not to fear the unknowns. Even as we globe trot around the world and come home, we know exactly what to do now to prevent bringing one or two of them back to start a home! Some simple Dos & Don’ts you should know when you return home from a travel are:
- X Placing your luggage on or near to your bed
- X Placing dirty and clean linens together
- √ Vacuum carpet or fabric drapes and upholstered furniture regularly
- √ Pull beds away from the wall
- √ Remove layer by layer and check for any bed bug on the sheets
Rentokil’s New Enhanced Bed Bug ControlCombining both residual spray and steamer with a 3 months warranty from the first treatment start date, Rentokil’s new bed bug control program promotes a fast knockout with longer residual control. It also comes with a fast response service team whom can attend to your urgent bed bug worry right away. Because we understand the urgency… bed bug bites are keeping you up all night. Enquire with us online today to get a Fast Response bed bug treatment done.
Browse through the list of Interior Designers, their reviews and portfolios at http://www.renonation.sg/pr
Submit your renovation enquiry:
Meet Interior Designers. Get Quotes.
Get in touch with our listed renovation companies. They will provide you with a free non-obligatory estimate for any of the Renovation Packages included in their services.