An Unbelievably Simple Way to Cool Your Entire Home With No Aircon
- May 25, 2015
- 6 views
Even with the fan on, it's still unbearably hot and humid. With the rising temperatures set to stay, turning on the aircon will be expensive. That warm air will also just re-enter your home later. Try this out instead: make your own heat and light absorber that's cheap, friendly to the environment and totally easy to create.
How to Have Your Very Own Heat and Light Absorber
- Step 1: Clear out some space in your balcony or near a window.
- Step 2: Install a bar or railing across the top part of the wall and hang S-hooks on it.
- Step 3: Prepare some plant hangers. You can even DIY if you want!
- Step 4: Bring home some potted plants.
- Step 5: Hang the plants on the S-hooks side-by-side so as to create a 'green curtain'.
- Step 6: Arrange the plants so that there is as much coverage as possible. You can have some of the plant hangers be shorter.
- Step 7: Your 'green curtain' will now shield sunlight out yet keep the breeze in. The more shade it casts, the better it is!
How It Works:Plants are natural absorbers of heat and light. They even release oxygen and water vapour to keep the air cool. And get this—plants also remove harmful toxins from the air we breathe in. Get plants that can thrive in hot weather and are low-maintenance so that you don't have to pay a lot of attention to them. Below are some of the best plants to provide some natural aircon.
The Best Plants to Cool Your Home With:Chinese money tree, Snake plant, English ivy, Spider plant, Areca palm, Aloe vera, Weeping Fig / Ficus tree, Baby rubber plant, Boston Fern, Golden Pothos.
|Chinese money tree (source)||Snake plant (source)||English Ivy (source)||Spider plant (source)|
|Areca palm (source)||Aloe vera (source)||Weeping Fig/Ficus tree (source)||Baby rubber plant (source)|
|Boston Fern (source)||Golden Pothos (source)|
Meet Interior Designers. Get Quotes.
Get in touch with our listed renovation companies. They will provide you with a free non-obligatory estimate for any of the Renovation Packages included in their services.