A Good Interior Designer
Homes are private retreats. They are the haven where we spend most of our time relaxing in comfort after a long day at work. So it is important to have an interior design that suits your personality and relaxes you to a degree.
To have your personality reflected in your home, you need to find a good interior designer who can turn your idea into a reality. It is important to find an interior designer who knows how to strike a balance between creativity, space, tranquillity and character.
So what makes a good interior designer? Do not rely solely on a designer’s portfolio. What works for others may not always work for you. Before you decide to hire an interior designer, make sure that you evaluate them based on the following components:
- A good interior designer to your lifestyle requirements, design preferences and colour palette choices. They are able to give you constructive and creative ideas tailored according to your preferences and needs.
- A good interior designer knows how to incorporate your individual style and incorporate their own.
- A good interior designer guides you through to find the style, theme and furnishing that best suits you instead of bluntly and authoritatively telling you what they think is best for you.
- A good interior designer does not have to be award winning or internationally recognised. Do not be blinded by all the glittery awards and accolades some interior designers may have. They are something but not everything when it comes to your home. However, experience with managing your expectations, having a deep insight into your requirements, vendors, suppliers and builders are important for the partnership to succeed.
- Finally, a good interior designer meets “and even at times, exceeds” your expectation. At the end of the day, it is crucial for you to partner with an interior designer who effectively grasps the insight you gave during your consultation and produces a proposal that effectively reflects such understanding. It is also important that you are comfortable to communicate your ideas and comments to your designer throughout the whole project.