7 Tips to Help You Find a Good Renovator
Entrusting your home renovation duties to the right hands need careful planning and requires a thorough selection process. Finding the right renovation contractors is risky business as it involves huge sums of cash. Here are some tips to help you find the scrupulous renovation contractors in Singapore:
- Find renovation forums, renovation specialty sites or renovation companies quotation sites. Most of these websites offer an in depth description of the services provided by major renovation companies in Singapore. Meanwhile, quotation sites help get you various quotations from a sizeable number of renovators – saving you both time and effort in the process.
- Once you have found a select number of renovation contractors, discuss the span of job that you want to be done, including specific details. You have to make sure the contractor understands what you want.
- While in the process of discussion, be open to suggestions from the renovators. Good renovators often have great suggestions to offer. They are the professionals and they know that too. So if they think there’s a better way, they most probably will suggest that alternative to you.
- After speaking with various renovation contractors, verify their suggestions. Do a background check and learn about the reputation and experience of the renovation contractor that you want to engage. You can also ask them for reference, if you are feeling bold.
- Check the renovation company for licenses and permits. Having certification is mandatory for all renovation companies in Singapore.
- Now comes the money matters. Ask your renovation contractors can stick to their initial quotation most of the time and if they can deliver within their set deadline.
- Make sure you get a written quotation from your chosen renovation contractor. Have everything set in black and white, including the specifications, timeline, materials and estimated amount.