5 Tips for Moving in After Your Home Renovation
Now that your home has undergone complete renovation, you are ready so start moving in. We all know that moving to a newly renovated home is stressful but there are some ways to make it easier for you and your family. Here are five essential tips for you to ease in smoothly after your home renovation:
- Make a list of your items. Classify your belongings according to the room they need to be in. Recording your items and labelling will be a lot easier for you to find stuffs. Label them according to the areas of your newly renovated house.
- Keep plenty of supplies such as boxes, packaging tape and coloured stickers. Some moving companies provide their clients with boxes for free while others don’t, so it’s better to find out before you engage a moving company. Also keep lots of coloured stickers on hand.
- You should assign a colour for each room in your house and then when you start labelling the boxes, make use of the coloured stickers. It is easier for your to identify which area of your newly renovated home you can place the boxes in.
- Always keep your belongings close to you. Antiques, heirlooms, expensive gadgets, silverware and jewellery should always be kept at a separate box which you yourself will have to bring around with you. All your documents should also be placed in that same box for safekeeping.
- Oftentimes, people will be very tired by the time they move in to their newly renovated home. They may not always have time to unpack everything so make sure you have one of those ready to use boxes that contains items that you need to use immediately. These will include towels, toothbrushes, toiletries, soap, shampoo, house clothing, slippers and others.