May 2018 BTO Site and Unit Analysis: Tampines GreenVines
Tampines GreenVines was launched during the May 2018 BTO sales exercise. It joins the cluster of BTOs sandwiched between the TPE and Tampines Avenue 9.
One of the appeals of GreenVines is that it’s situated at the corner of this cluster, so it’s not entirely surrounded by residential housing. It’s also located right across the road from Tampines Eco Green, allowing certain units to enjoy a verdant park view.
The site wasn’t entirely accessible when we visited, as many BTOs in the area are still undergoing construction. We took these site photos from the Pasir Ris Flyover.
This BTO is relatively large, with a total of 1,271 units of 3-, 4- and 5-room flats situated within 11 residential blocks. Some 4- and 5-room units come with a balcony. There are also various layout configurations for the units, so make sure you select one that best fits your needs.
What’s in the vicinity?
Transportation and Accessibility
There will be three bus stops surrounding the BTO, two of which are located along Tampines Street 62 and one along Tampines Ave 12. The bus stops are still under construction, so we don’t know what buses will be available.
The nearest MRT stations for GreenVines are Pasir Ris MRT and Tampines MRT. Both of which will take approximately 30 minutes to reach by foot, although there may be new paths open in the future to help shorten the walking distance to the stations. GreenVines is also located right next to TPE, which leads directly to neighbourhoods located at the eastern side of Singapore.
Retail and shopping
The nearest amenities are located within Tampines GreenCourt, the BTO launched during November 2017. The BTO is right beside GreenVines, and will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes by foot. Within that site is a three-storey building filled with a supermarket, retail shops and other amenities. If driving, residents can also reach Tampines Giant and Tampines IKEA located about 10 minutes away.
Nearest primary schools include Poi Ching School, Coral Primary School, Tampines North Primary School, Elias Park Primary School and Gongshang Primary School. For secondary schools, nearby ones include Meridian Secondary School and East View Secondary School.
Which unit is best?
More privacy: Corner units away from the lifts and rubbish chute areas.
641B: 220, 236, 238
641C: 244, 246
641A: 186, 188, 210, 196, 198
640B: 158, 160, 170, 172, 176, 178
639A: 94, 110, 112
639B: 126, 128
638B: 76, 78
638A: 64, 48, 46
637A: 06, 16
637B: 20, 22, 36, 34
Away from human activity zones: Units that do not face the playgrounds, fitness corners, roads and car parks.
641A: 212, 202
640B: 154, 180, 178
639B: 124, 122, 120
639A: 104, 102
638A: 60, 66, 68, 54, 56
638B: 84, 86, 80, 82
637B: 38, 40, 18, 20
No western sun: Units where their main areas (bedrooms and living rooms) don’t face the western sun directly. In Singapore, the western sun comes from the North-west and South-west.
641B: 218, 238, 240
641C: 246, 248, 250
641A: 188, 190, 192, 206
640B: 162, 174, 176, 172
640A: all units
639A: 90, 92, 94, 96, 108, 110, 112, 114, 116
638B: 84, 86
638A: 54, 56, 58, 60, 62, 64, 66, 68, 42, 44, 46
637B: 38, 40, 24, 22
637A: 02, 04, 16
What else to consider?
- There are a handful of units that face the park. These include 08, 06 (637A); 64, 62 (638A); 96, 94 (639A); 144, 146 (640A).
- If you’re down to units that face the roads, select the lesser of two evils if you can. Opt for units facing the Tampines Street 62 rather than units facing Tampines Ave 12 and the TPE if possible. The latter two will see significantly higher traffic.
- The future buses stopping by GreenVines would most likely comprise feeder services that reach to the nearby MRT stations. As such, if you take the public transport often, get a unit that’s closer to the bus stops.
- There are a few 4- and 5-room units that come with a balcony if you want one. Make sure you take a look at the Block Plan to determine if your choice unit comes with this extra space.
- The layouts vary quite a bit, depending on the stack. Some units come with the household shelter entrance located at the kitchen, while some are located within the living room. Some master bedrooms also have an additional window. Go for the layout that suits the design you have in mind. For instance, if you prefer an L-shaped kitchen, get a unit that has the household shelter located near the foyer.
- However, if you prefer a larger living space, go for a unit where the household shelter is located within the kitchen.
Location and sitemaps as well as floor plans are courtesy of HDB
Browse through the list of Interior Designers, their reviews and portfolios at http://www.renonation.sg/pr
Submit your renovation enquiry: